Justrite 7150110 Type I Galvanized Steel Safety Can with Funnel, 5 Gallons Capacity, Red
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $34.55
- Amount Saved: $20.63
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Type I safety can used to store, transport, and dispense flammable liquids safely; comes with a funnel to facilitate filling and pouring
- Made of galvanized steel, which is resistant to rust, dents, and certain chemicals; red powder-coated finish resists scratches, chipping, fading, and other wear
- Stainless steel flame arrester helps prevent liquids inside the can from igniting and keep flames from spreading
- Spout measures 1.62" in diameter; rounded handle facilitates carrying
- FM Approved; complies with OSHA Standard 1910.106 for the safe storage and handling of flammable liquids
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 17.25 inches; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- ASIN: B003PGRQSK
- Item model number: 7150110
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
The Justrite galvanized steel Type I safety can is used to store, transport, and dispense flammable liquids safely and comes with a funnel to facilitate filling and pouring. The can is made of galvanized steel, which is resistant to rust, dents, and certain chemicals. The red powder-coated finish resists scratches, chipping, fading, and other wear. A stainless steel flame arrester helps prevent liquids inside the can from igniting and keep flames from spreading. The spout measures 1.62 inches in diameter. A rounded handle facilitates carrying. This safety can may be available in different colors (blue for kerosene, green for oil or other combustibles, red for gasoline, or yellow for diesel) to separate, store, and identify different liquids. This product is FM Approved as a safety can used for handling flammable liquids in quantities of five gallons or less. It complies with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standard 1910.106 for the safe storage and handling of flammable liquids. It meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Code 30, which provides safeguards to reduce the hazards associated with the storage, handling, and use of flammable and combustible liquids. It is UL Listed and meets Underwriters Laboratories (UL) safety requirements.
Hazardous storage cans are used to safely store, transport, and dispense flammable or hazardous liquids. They are typically made of polyethylene, 24-gauge galvanized steel, or 24-gauge stainless steel. (Gauge is a measure of thickness; the lower the gauge, the thicker the material.) Hazardous storage cans come in a variety of styles, such as Type I cans, which have a single spout for filling and pouring, and Type II cans, which have a flexible metal hose for pouring and a second opening for filling. They are often color-coded for different liquids (for instance, red cans for gasoline, blue cans for kerosene, yellow cans for diesel fuel, or green cans for oil). Other common features include flame arrestors, which help prevent the liquid inside the can from igniting, and seam welds, which help prevent leaks. Certain hazardous storage cans are FM Approved, and many meet National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for the storage and handling of flammable liquids. Hazardous storage cans are used in a variety of commercial and industrial environments and can also be suitable for home use.
Justrite manufactures safety equipment to store, transfer, use, and dispose of hazardous materials. The company, founded in 1906, is headquartered in Des Plaines, IL.