Eagle UI-10-S Red Galvanized Steel Type I Gas Safety Can, 1 gallon Capacity, 8″ Height, 9″ Diameter
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $30.87
- Amount Saved: $21.29
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Meets OSHA and NFPA Code 30 Requirements, FM, UL & ULC listed - Made In The USA
- Lead-free, hot-dipped 24-gauge, deep-drawn galvanized steel construction
- Non-sparking pour-spout with flame arrester
- Spring closing lid with neoprene gasket vents at 5 psi internal pressure
- Deep Drawn Construction with no top or side seam
- Type I safety can used to store, transport, and dispense flammable liquids safely; has single spout for filling and pouring
- Made of galvanized steel, which is resistant to rust, dents, and certain chemicals; powder-coated finish resists scratches, chipping, fading, and other wear
- Flame arrestor helps prevent liquids inside the can from igniting and keep flames from spreading
- Spout cap self-closes to help prevent leaks or spills; cap assembly opens automatically to vent internal vapors
- FM Approved; complies with OSHA Standard 1910.106 for the safe storage and handling of flammable liquids
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 8 inches; 3.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds
- ASIN: B000BXMF5Y
- Item model number: UI-10-S
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
The Eagle Type I galvanized steel safety can is used to store, transport, and dispense flammable liquids safely and has a single spout for filling and pouring. The can is made of 24-gauge galvanized steel, which is resistant to rust, dents, and certain chemicals. Gauge is a measure of thickness (the lower the gauge, the thicker the material). The powder-coated finish resists scratches, chipping, fading, and other wear. A flame arrestor helps prevent liquids inside the can from igniting and keep flames from spreading. The spout cap self-closes to help prevent leaks or spills. The cap assembly opens automatically to vent internal vapors. A trilingual safety warning label alerts users to the can's contents. This safety can may be available in different colors (blue for kerosene, green for oil or other combustibles, red for gasoline, or yellow for diesel) to separate, store, and identify different liquids. This product is FM Approved as a safety can used for handling flammable liquids in quantities of 5 gallons or less. It complies with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standard 1910.106 for the safe storage and handling of flammable liquids. It meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Code 30, which provides safeguards to reduce the hazards associated with the storage, handling, and use of flammable and combustible liquids. It is Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Listed and meets UL safety requirements.
Hazardous storage cans are used to safely store, transport, and dispense flammable or hazardous liquids. They are typically made of polyethylene, 24-gauge galvanized steel, or 24-gauge stainless steel. (Gauge is a measure of thickness; the lower the gauge, the thicker the material.) Hazardous storage cans come in a variety of styles, such as Type I cans, which have a single spout for filling and pouring, and Type II cans, which have a flexible metal hose for pouring and a second opening for filling. They are often color-coded for different liquids (for instance, red cans for gasoline, blue cans for kerosene, yellow cans for diesel fuel, or green cans for oil). Other common features include flame arrestors, which help prevent the liquid inside the can from igniting, and seam welds, which help prevent leaks. Certain hazardous storage cans are FM Approved, and many meet National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for the storage and handling of flammable liquids. Hazardous storage cans are used in a variety of commercial and industrial environments and can also be suitable for home use.
Eagle Manufacturing Company manufactures industrial safety, haz-mat, and storage products that meet International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards for quality assurance. The company, founded in 1894, is headquartered in Wellsburg, VA.