Eagle 1511 Laboratory Safety Can, Polyethylene, 6″ Width x 13″ Height x 8-1/2″ Depth, 1 Gallon Capacity, Red
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $58.86
- Amount Saved: $45.09
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Laboratory safety can used to safely store, transport, and dispense flammable liquids; has oblong shape to help conserve shelf space
- Made of HDPE, which weighs less than steel and is resistant to dents, punctures, and certain chemicals
- Fittings are made of stainless steel, which is resistant to rust and corrosion; flame arrestor helps prevent liquids inside can from igniting and keep flames from spreading
- FM Approved for use handling flammable liquids in quantities of 5 gallons or less
- Meets OSHA Standard 1910.106 and NFPA Code 30 for the safe storage and handling of flammable liquids
- Product Dimensions: 2.6 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds
- ASIN: B000LE87SM
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
The Eagle HDPE laboratory safety can is used to safely store, transport, and dispense flammable liquids and has an oblong shape to help conserve shelf space. The can is made of HDPE (high-density polyethylene), which weighs less than steel and is resistant to dents, punctures, and certain chemicals. The fittings are made of stainless steel, which is resistant to rust and corrosion. A stainless steel flame arrestor helps prevent liquids inside the can from igniting and keep flames from spreading. This safety can may be available in different colors (red for gasoline or other flammable liquids, white for acids or corrosives, or yellow for diesel) to separate, store, and identify different liquids. This product is FM Approved as a safety can used for handling flammable liquids in quantities of 5 gallons or less. It complies with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standard 1910.106 for the safe storage and handling of flammable liquids. It also meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Code 30, which provides safeguards to reduce the hazards associated with the storage, handling, and use of flammable and combustible liquids.
Hazardous storage cans are used to safely store, transport, and dispense flammable or hazardous liquids. They are typically made of polyethylene, 24-gauge galvanized steel, or 24-gauge stainless steel. (Gauge is a measure of thickness; the lower the gauge, the thicker the material.) Hazardous storage cans come in a variety of styles, such as Type I cans, which have a single spout for filling and pouring, and Type II cans, which have a flexible metal hose for pouring and a second opening for filling. They are often color-coded for different liquids (for instance, red cans for gasoline, blue cans for kerosene, yellow cans for diesel fuel, or green cans for oil). Other common features include flame arrestors, which help prevent the liquid inside the can from igniting, and seam welds, which help prevent leaks. Certain hazardous storage cans are FM Approved, and many meet National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for the storage and handling of flammable liquids. Hazardous storage cans are used in a variety of commercial and industrial environments and can also be suitable for home use.
Eagle Manufacturing Company manufactures industrial safety, haz-mat, and storage products that meet International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards for quality assurance. The company, founded in 1894, is headquartered in Wellsburg, VA.